How to Use Borax Around the Home
January 12, 2016 | klein
If you haven’t yet experimented with the wonders of borax, you’re missing out on a versatile household cleaner that could help to consolidate many of your chores. This unique, all-natural substance consists of sodium borate, and it makes a powerful cleanser, drain cleaner, and much more. Here are a few ways to use it.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of borax with two cups of hot water to create an all-purpose cleaner for around the house.
- Clear a blocked drain by mixing 1/2 cup of borax with two cups of boiling water. Pour the solution down the drain and let it sit for 15 minutes before running water to flush it away.
- Get stains out of your sink by making a paste of one cup of borax and 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Scrub the paste into the stain with a sponge and rinse with hot water.
- Clean carpets naturally by using 1/2 cup of borax per gallon of water in the steam cleaner.
- Clean pots, pans, and porcelain cookware by sprinkling borax on their surfaces and rubbing with a slightly damp cloth.