How to Create a Stunning Holiday Tablescape
December 8, 2015 | klein
If you’re hosting your family’s holiday dinner this year, you likely want to create a beautiful table that will complement the elegant meal. Here are a few tips for creating a holiday tablescape that would rival any professional decorator’s.
- Avoid clutter. While you want to decorate the table a bit more elaborately than on a normal day, you also want your guests to be able to comfortably reach for the cranberry sauce.
- Choose a color scheme. Seasonal red and green is always a classic combination, but a holiday tablescape also looks beautiful in shades of silver, gold or stark white.
- Add candles. One quick and easy way to take your table from everyday to extraordinary is by adding candles all over. Think tall candlesticks in glass holders, delicate tea lights or even short pillar candles inside of a lantern.
- Add a bit of greenery. Whether you choose festive poinsettias or a wreath of evergreen, adding some greens to your tablescape is an absolute necessity.
- Use textiles. Add a large, intricate tablecloth to give your dinner an elegant feeling, or simply disperse placemats at each place setting for a casual yet stylish look.
- Add name cards. If you have a seating arrangement in mind, be sure to make artistic name cards for each person’s seat.
5 Stunning Holiday Tablescapes [Good Housekeeping]
22 Gorgeous Holiday Tablescapes [iVillage]
Tips for Creating a Homemade Holiday Tablescape [Dummies.com]
5 Tips for a Beautiful Holiday Tablescape [One Sweet Appetite]